2020 NHMR YPN Co-Chairs:
Congratulations to Stephanie Paul of Huntsman, Meade, & Partners!!
Stephanie is the NHMR YPN 2019 Emerging Leader.
The NHMR YPN helps young real estate professionals excel in their careers by giving them the tools and encouragement to become involved in four core areas:
- REALTOR® Associations. Attend REALTOR® Conferences and pursue leadership roles with their local, state, and national associations.
- Real Estate Industry. Take an active role in policy discussions and advocacy issues; be informed about the latest industry news and trends.
- Peers. Network and learn from one another by attending events, participating in online communication, and seeking out mentoring opportunities.
- Community. Become Exceptional members of their community by demonstrating a high level of REALTOR® professionalism and volunteering for causes they feel passionate about.
The YPN is a dynamic entry point for real estate professionals striving to become more successful in their careers and gain leadership experience. By providing this entry point, NAR is building a new, diverse generation of leaders, strengthening members’ affinity for the REALTOR® brand early in their career, and gaining a valuable perspective on generational shifts. YPN’s growth has been driven by REALTORS®. YPN has evolved from a magazine offshoot to a determined, passionate, savvy group of members who use social media effectively and transparently and who are committed to strengthening the REALTOR® brand.
Click here for a Committee request form. Sign up to receive information about the YPN. You can also join us at an upcoming meeting below.
2020 NHMR YPN Scheduled Meeting Dates:
Meetings are regularly held the NHMR Main office, located at 2730 Boston Post Rd, Guilford. Ample parking to the rear of the building.
- January 17th ~ Cindy DiMauro is nationally Radon certified, and Pillar to Post Eves/DiMauro Team will be presenting the “Myths About Radon Gas” at our January meeting. What is it and Why is it a Health Concern? Learn the answers and be present to win some of the fabulous prizes that they’ll be distributing. Be more informed with the professional knowledge that you will be able to share with clients on this very important subject. Lunch provided by Pillar to Post Eves/DiMauro Team.
- February 21st
- March 20th
- April 17th
- May 15th
- June 19th
- July 17th
- August 21st
- September 18th
- October 23rd
- November 20th
- December 18th
2019 NHMR YPN Meeting Dates:
- January 25th ~ Welcoming new chair Douglas Blackwood. Come learn how NHMR membership includes many ways for you to become involved, and how to access our online member portal. Join us at 11:30 for lunch, compliments of NHMR Platinum Sponsor RE/MAX Showcase.
- February 15th ~Eugene Reznitsky and Kyle Settle of Trager Reznitsky Insurance will be discussing Flood Insurance. Lunch will be provided, sponsored by East Shore Mortgage Services. Arrive at 11:30 to network and enjoy the FREE lunch.
- March 15th ~ Michael Barbaro will lead a discussion on CT Legislative Issues facing the Real Estate Industry. Michael is an industry leader, serving as CTR President in 2017 & 2018, and NHMR President in 2015 & 2016. He is the Broker for Huntsman, Meade, and Partners in New Haven. Lunch, sponsored by Schaefer Inspection Service.
- April 26th ~ “Spring Market Panel” to discuss how to best prepare your listings and clients. Panelists will include: Alan Stewart, Jr., Steve Miller, Ron Rivard, Mary Ellen Graham, Vincent Chaigne, Lyle Katz, and Bob Jaekle. Lunch sponsored by Wells Fargo.
- May 17th ~ “Ask An Attorney” YPN Sponsor Atty. Kishore I. Kapoor is lending his expertise to this meeting. Bring your questions and find out the pertinent facts about utilizing an attorney for your real estate needs. Lunch sponsored by Attorney Kapoor.
- No YPN meeting in June
- July 19th ~ Shaolin Kempo Academy, East Haven. Personal Safety Demonstration. Attorney David Minicozzi is our lunch sponsor.
- August 15th ~ Stonebridge Restaurant, Milford. Celebrate Moose Musa’s second HGTV appearance on House Hunters!
- September 20th ~ Home Inspection “Cents”ibility! Ron Rivard, owner of Eagle Home Inspections. Lunch provided by Eagle Home Inspections.
- October 18th ~ Jennifer Higham Photography will present on the benefits of using an iGUIDE photographer to create stunning listing photos and presentations. Lunch provided by Jennifer Higham Photography.
- November 15th ~ NHMR Platinum Sponsor David Candelora of RE/MAX Showcase presents “Rent and Grow Rich”, to discuss investing in Real Estate through rentals, a method to generate additional income streams. Lunch sponsored by RE/MAX Showcase, arrive at 11:30 for lunch and networking.
- December 20th ~ “Business Planning for 2020” NHMR Premiere Sponsor Kelly McGuinness of PrimeLending will guide the group through the process of setting up their Business Plans for next year. Lunch sponsored by PrimeLending, arrive at 11:30 for lunch and networking. Click here to register.
2019 NHMR YPN Social Events:
January 30th, Cancelled due to weather February 27thpostponed to 3/7
- March 7th, 6-8 pm @ Donovan’s Reef, Branford. Topic “2019 Goals and Accountability”
- April 24, 6-8 pm @ Chicago Sam’s, Cromwell. Topic “Relationship Building”
- May 22, 6-8 pm @ Thimble Island Brewery, Topic “Multiple Offer Situations, Putting the Best Offer on the Table”
- June 20 – YPN members meet up at the NHMR Summer Happy Hour Event, Owenego, Branford
July 31. Cancelled due to weather
October 4th– Laugh & Learn event in Shelton, to benefit Smile Train. Mortgage Force & We Are Thomasse are postponing this year’s Laugh and Learn Event. New date will be announced soon!
- November 21st, 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Hop Knot, Hamden- Attorney Kishore I. Kapoor will be sponsoring refreshments.
- December 18th, 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Powder Ridge, Middlefield – Attorney David Minicozzi will be sponsoring refreshments.
2019 NHMR YPN Outreach Events:
- 4/3 North Branford High School Career Fair
- 8/4 Walnut Beach Ice Cream Run Hydration Station to benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Milford
- 8/10 Woofstock on the Branford Green to benefit the Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter
- 9/23 YPN Blood Drive @ NHMR Guilford
- Donate to the be homeful Paddington Bear Campaign.
To learn more & contribute online:
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
The NHMR YPN Would like to Thank our Corporate Sponsors!
Contacts: Ron Rivard & Mary Ellen Graham
Contacts: Christine Watson and Eric Hill
The Law Office of Kishore I. Kapoor
YPN Sponsor 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
Pillar to Post Home Inspectors ~ Eves/DiMauro Team
YPN Sponsor 2019
NHMR YPN Goal Setting Sheet.
The NHMR YPN Committee Meetings are held at the NHMR main office. Bring a friend or two, Realtors and members of industries related to the real estate profession are welcome to join!
Boulder, Colorado YPN Adopts 5 Year Strategic Plan: Click here to view the plan
PHOTO GALLERY – click here for pictures of YPN Events & Activities
Below is a feed from our NHMR YPN Facebook Page: