2020/2021 NHMR YPN Co-Chairs:
The NHMR YPN helps young real estate professionals excel in their careers by giving them the tools and encouragement to become involved in four core areas:
- REALTOR® Associations. Attend REALTOR® Conferences and pursue leadership roles with their local, state, and national associations.
- Real Estate Industry. Take an active role in policy discussions and advocacy issues; be informed about the latest industry news and trends.
- Peers. Network and learn from one another by attending events, participating in online communication, and seeking out mentoring opportunities.
- Community. Become Exceptional members of their community by demonstrating a high level of REALTOR® professionalism and volunteering for causes they feel passionate about.
The YPN is a dynamic entry point for real estate professionals striving to become more successful in their careers and gain leadership experience. By providing this entry point, NAR is building a new, diverse generation of leaders, strengthening members’ affinity for the REALTOR® brand early in their career, and gaining a valuable perspective on generational shifts. YPN’s growth has been driven by REALTORS®. YPN has evolved from a magazine offshoot to a determined, passionate, savvy group of members who use social media effectively and transparently and who are committed to strengthening the REALTOR® brand.
Click here for a Committee request form. Sign up to receive information about the YPN. You can also join us at an upcoming meeting below.
2021 NHMR YPN Scheduled Meeting Dates:
During COVID meetings are being held via Zoom, unless otherwise specified.
- January 15th ~ Business Planning Session with Kelly McGuinness of PrimeLending
- February 21st ~ Flood Insurance Discussion
- March 10th ~ How Probate Affects a Closing with Attorney Kishore I. Kapoor of CT Real Estate Closing Attorneys
- April 14th ~ Rising to the Top!! 2021 Class of 30 Under 30 CT Honoree Courtney McManus on her journey thus far!! REGISTER
- June 9th No Meeting
- July 14th In Person Meeting TBA
- August 11th
- September 8th
- October 13th
- November 10th
- December 8th
2020 NHMR YPN Scheduled Meeting Dates:
During COVID meetings are being held via Zoom, unless otherwise specified. Meetings are regularly held the NHMR Main office, located at 2730 Boston Post Rd, Guilford. Ample parking to the rear of the building.
- January 17th ~ Pillar to Post Eves/DiMauro Team present “Myths & Facts About Radon Gas”, What is it and Why is it a Health Concern? Lunch provided by Pillar to Post Eves/DiMauro Team.
- February 21st ~ Contracts 101 with Attorney Kishore I. Kapoor. Lunch provided by Attorney Kishore Kapoor.
- March 20th ~ postponed
- April 17th ~ Virtual Meeting with Green Home Solutions. Mold Presentation by Chief Scientist David Bloom
- May 15th ~ Virtual Meeting with Pillar to Post Eves/DiMauro Team presenting “Wood Destroying Insects” in conjunction with CT Pest Elimination.
- June 19th ~ Virtual Meeting with First World Mortgage presenting “203k Financing: A Path to Purchasing HUD Homes” presented by First World Mortgage.
- July 17th ~ Virtual Meeting with NAR YPN Member and Former NHMR YPN Chair Alan Stewart, Jr presenting.
- September 18th ~ Flooding Presentation
- October 23rd ~ Antique Homes Presentation
- November 20th ~ Virtual Assistants Presentation, David Candelora of RE/MAX Showcase and Gustavo Martinez of Ki Realty Group with their unique perspectives.
- December 18th – Doug’s Amazing Radioactive Gas! – RADON. Douglas Blackwood presenting.
Paddington Bear Annual Fundraiser CLICK HERE
2020 NHMR YPN Social Events:
- January 22nd, Meet Up at the NHMR After the Holidays Party, WoodWinds
- February 27th ~ THC The Hops Company, Derby.
- March 26th, 5:30-7:30 pm ~ Cancelled
- April 23rd, 6 pm ~ Virtual YPN Social. Show us your fun Virtual Background!
- May 28th, 6 pm ~ Virtual YPN Social, Check-In with YPN
- June 25th, 6 pm ~ Virtual YPN Social “Cocktails with Tom Vanacore”
- July 23rd, 5:30 pm ~ Virtual YPN Social, “Adapting to Covid Culture & Market Changes”
- September ~ Join us at the Shredding Event, lunch order from Ayuthai after Shredding!
- October 21st ~ Trade Show at NHMR, register for your time slot and join us for safe networking.
- November ~ Be Homeful for the Holidays. YPNers will be participating in the Paddington Bear annual fundraiser and will help deliver bears to area shelters. Contact Rachael to help with deliveries (203) 234-7700.
2019 NHMR YPN Meeting Dates:
- January 25th ~ Welcoming new chair Douglas Blackwood. Come learn how NHMR membership includes many ways for you to become involved, and how to access our online member portal. Join us at 11:30 for lunch, compliments of NHMR Platinum Sponsor RE/MAX Showcase.
- February 15th ~Eugene Reznitsky and Kyle Settle of Trager Reznitsky Insurance will be discussing Flood Insurance. Lunch will be provided, sponsored by East Shore Mortgage Services. Arrive at 11:30 to network and enjoy the FREE lunch.
- March 15th ~ Michael Barbaro will lead a discussion on CT Legislative Issues facing the Real Estate Industry. Michael is an industry leader, serving as CTR President in 2017 & 2018, and NHMR President in 2015 & 2016. He is the Broker for Huntsman, Meade, and Partners in New Haven. Lunch, sponsored by Schaefer Inspection Service.
- April 26th ~ “Spring Market Panel” to discuss how to best prepare your listings and clients. Panelists will include: Alan Stewart, Jr., Steve Miller, Ron Rivard, Mary Ellen Graham, Vincent Chaigne, Lyle Katz, and Bob Jaekle. Lunch sponsored by Wells Fargo.
- May 17th ~ “Ask An Attorney” YPN Sponsor Atty. Kishore I. Kapoor is lending his expertise to this meeting. Bring your questions and find out the pertinent facts about utilizing an attorney for your real estate needs. Lunch sponsored by Attorney Kapoor.
- No YPN meeting in June
- July 19th ~ Shaolin Kempo Academy, East Haven. Personal Safety Demonstration. Attorney David Minicozzi is our lunch sponsor.
- August 15th ~ Stonebridge Restaurant, Milford. Celebrate Moose Musa’s second HGTV appearance on House Hunters!
- September 20th ~ Home Inspection “Cents”ibility! Ron Rivard, owner of Eagle Home Inspections. Lunch provided by Eagle Home Inspections.
- October 18th ~ Jennifer Higham Photography will present on the benefits of using an iGUIDE photographer to create stunning listing photos and presentations. Lunch provided by Jennifer Higham Photography.
- November 15th ~ NHMR Platinum Sponsor David Candelora of RE/MAX Showcase presents “Rent and Grow Rich”, to discuss investing in Real Estate through rentals, a method to generate additional income streams. Lunch sponsored by RE/MAX Showcase.
- December 20th ~ “Business Planning for 2020” NHMR Premiere Sponsor Kelly McGuinness of PrimeLending will guide the group through the process of setting up their Business Plans for next year. Lunch sponsored by PrimeLending.
2019 NHMR YPN Social Events:
January 30th, Cancelled due to weather February 27thpostponed to 3/7
- March 7th, 6-8 pm @ Donovan’s Reef, Branford. Topic “2019 Goals and Accountability”
- April 24, 6-8 pm @ Chicago Sam’s, Cromwell. Topic “Relationship Building”
- May 22, 6-8 pm @ Thimble Island Brewery, Topic “Multiple Offer Situations, Putting the Best Offer on the Table”
- June 20 – YPN members meet up at the NHMR Summer Happy Hour Event, Owenego, Branford
July 31. Cancelled due to weather
October 4th– Laugh & Learn event in Shelton, to benefit Smile Train. Mortgage Force & We Are Thomasse are postponing this year’s Laugh and Learn Event. New date will be announced soon!
- November 21st, 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Hop Knot, Hamden- Attorney Kishore I. Kapoor will be sponsoring refreshments.
- December 18th, 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Powder Ridge, Middlefield – Attorney David Minicozzi will be sponsoring refreshments.
2019 NHMR YPN Outreach Events:
- 4/3 North Branford High School Career Fair
- 8/4 Walnut Beach Ice Cream Run Hydration Station to benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Milford
- 8/10 Woofstock on the Branford Green to benefit the Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter
- 9/23 YPN Blood Drive @ NHMR Guilford
- Donate to the be homeful Paddington Bear Campaign.
To learn more & contribute online:
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
NHMR YPN Would like to Thank our Corporate Sponsors!
Contacts: Ron Rivard & Mary Ellen Graham
The Law Office of Kishore I. Kapoor
YPN Sponsor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020
Pillar to Post Home Inspectors ~ Eves/DiMauro Team
YPN Sponsor 2019
NHMR Gold Sponsor 2020
Contact: Eric Hill
YPN Sponsor 2019
NHMR YPN Goal Setting Sheet.
The NHMR YPN Committee Meetings are held at the NHMR main office. Bring a friend or two, Realtors and members of industries related to the real estate profession are welcome to join!
Boulder, Colorado YPN Adopts 5 Year Strategic Plan: Click here to view the plan
PHOTO GALLERY – click here for pictures of YPN Events & Activities
Below is a feed from our NHMR YPN Facebook Page: