April 2 is the deadline to complete certification forms for REALTOR® Emeritus status for approval in May at the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo in Washington. REALTOR® Emeritus status recognizes members who have forty years of membership and have completed at least one year of service at the national association level. For applications filed through 2019, the one-year service requirement may also be met through service at the state or local level. For more info, contact Mary Glick, 800/874-6500, ext. 8831.
In addition to the required forty (40) years of REALTOR® membership
- Applications submitted in the years 2015 through 2019 will require proof of one (1) year of service* at the local, state, or National Association level.
- Applications submitted in 2020 and beyond will require proof of one (1) year of service* at the National Association level.
* “Service” is defined as serving as an officer, director, committee member, federal political coordinator, President’s liaison or regional coordinator to a country with which NAR holds a reciprocal agreement.
- New Policy for CTR Dues Waiver for NAR REALTOR Emeritus: For anyone who may receive the NAR REALTOR Emeritus status beginning with the November 2016 NAR Board of Directors meeting, there is now new criteria approved by the CTR Executive Committee to receive a dues waiver of the CTR portion of the dues:
- (a) Must have been a Connecticut REALTOR for at least ten of the forty plus years;
- AND (b) Must have been involved with CTR at a minimal level at least which is inclusive of having attended CTR REALTORS at the Capitol or this year’s Realtor Rally at least one year of the prior five years or any past service on a CTR Committee, work group or CTR Board of Directors. It is not retroactive to existing NAR Emeritus recipients. For RAC qualification, CTR must have their registration and attendance in their records.