2019 NHMR YPN Chairperson:
Congratulations to Douglas Blackwood of Calcagni Real Estate!! Doug was chosen to receive the NHMR YPN 2018 Emerging Leader Award.
Thank you to Doug for becoming so involved with the Young Professionals, taking part in meetings and Social events, bringing in new YPNers, and sharing his positivity with the group!
The NHMR YPN helps young real estate professionals excel in their careers by giving them the tools and encouragement to become involved in four core areas:
- REALTOR® Associations. Attend REALTOR® Conferences and pursue leadership roles with their local, state, and national associations.
- Real Estate Industry. Take an active role in policy discussions and advocacy issues; be informed about the latest industry news and trends.
- Peers. Network and learn from one another by attending events, participating in online communication, and seeking out mentoring opportunities.
- Community. Become Exceptional members of their community by demonstrating a high level of REALTOR® professionalism and volunteering for causes they feel passionate about.
The YPN is a dynamic entry point for real estate professionals striving to become more successful in their careers and gain leadership experience. By providing this entry point, NAR is building a new, diverse generation of leaders, strengthening members’ affinity for the REALTOR® brand early in their career, and gaining a valuable perspective on generational shifts. YPN’s growth has been driven by REALTORS®. YPN has evolved from a magazine offshoot to a determined, passionate, savvy group of members who use social media effectively and transparently and who are committed to strengthening the REALTOR® brand.
Click here for a Committee request form. Sign up to receive information about the YPN. You can also join us at an upcoming meeting below.
2019 NHMR YPN Scheduled Meeting Dates:
Meetings are regularly held the NHMR North Haven office.
- January 25th ~ Welcoming new chair Douglas Blackwood. Come learn how NHMR membership includes many ways for you to become involved, and how to access our online member portal. Join us at 11:30 for lunch, compliments of NHMR Platinum Sponsor RE/MAX Showcase.
- February 15th ~Eugene Reznitsky and Kyle Settle of Trager Reznitsky Insurance will be discussing Flood Insurance. Lunch will be provided, sponsored by East Shore Mortgage Services. Arrive at 11:30 to network and enjoy the FREE lunch.
- March 15th ~ Michael Barbaro will lead a discussion on CT Legislative Issues facing the Real Estate Industry. Michael is an industry leader, serving as CTR President in 2017 & 2018, and NHMR President in 2015 & 2016. He is the Broker for Huntsman, Meade, and Partners in New Haven. Lunch, sponsored by Schaefer Inspection Service.
- April 26th ~ “Spring Market Panel” to discuss how to best prepare your listings and clients. Panelists will include: Alan Stewart, Jr., Steve Miller, Ron Rivard, Mary Ellen Graham, Vincent Chaigne, Lyle Katz, and Bob Jaekle. Lunch sponsored by Wells Fargo.
- May 17th ~ “Ask An Attorney” YPN Sponsor Atty. Kishore I. Kapoor is lending his expertise to this meeting. Bring your questions and find out the pertinent facts about utilizing an attorney for your real estate needs. Lunch sponsored by Attorney Kapoor, arrive at 11:30 for networking and lunch.
- June 28th ~ YPN Blood Drive. Donors please register at redcrossblood.org. Volunteers for day of event needed. Click here to register to volunteer and help with the event. Contact Rachael Keating for more info (203-234-7700)
- July 19th
- August 16th
- September 20th
- October 18th
- November 15th
- December 20th
2019 NHMR YPN Social Events:
January 30th, Cancelled due to weather February 27thpostponed to 3/7
- March 7th, 6-8 pm @ Donovan’s Reef, Branford. Topic “2019 Goals and Accountability”
- April 24, 6-8 pm @ Chicago Sam’s, Cromwell. Topic “Relationship Building”
- May 22, 6-8 pm @ Thimble Island Brewery, Topic “Multiple Offer Situations, Putting the Best Offer on the Table”
2019 NHMR YPN Outreach Events:
- 4/3 North Branford High School Career Fair
- 6/28 YPN Blood Drive @ NHMR
- 8/4 Walnut Beach Ice Cream Run Hydration Station to benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Milford
- TBD Woofstock on the Branford Green to benefit the Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter
- TBD YPN Fall Blood Drive @ NHMR
- Donate to the Be Homeful Paddington Bear Campaign
2018 NHMR YPN Scheduled Meeting Dates:
- January 19th @ NOON, Welcoming New Co-Chairs Lisa Smith & Tom Vanacore
- February 16th @ NOON, Topic is HUD Bids & Contracts led by Michelle Mateo
- March 16th @ NOON, Speaker is “Cadillac” John Seville, Topic: How to Live a Fulfilling Life
- April 20th @ NOON, Speaker Attorney Matthew Mancini of MPF Attorneys at Law ~ “Wire Fraud”
- May 18th @ NOON, Topic is “The Week of Closing”, Attorney Kishore I. Kapoor and Realtor Tom Vanacore
- June 15th @ NOON, Topic is “How to Use 203K Renovation Loans Creatively in Today’s Market”. Charlie Napolitano, 203K Renovation Loan Specialist, will share his great insight on how to help buyers use 203K loans when purchasing a property. Arrive at 11:30 for lunch, sponsored by Finance of America Mortgage.
- July 20th @ NOON, Guest Speaker is Shawn Roby, Solar Expert ~ “What agents need to know in order to assist clients that are buying or selling a property that utilizes solar panels”.
- August 17th @ NOON, Guest Speaker: Justin Schunk of Liberty Mutual, discussing their partnership with NAR.
- September 21st @ NOON, Topic is “Your SmartMLS Toolkit” presented by Lauren Egan. Arrive at 11:30 to have lunch, provided by Andy Stephens of Guilford Savings Bank.
- October 19th @ NOON, Topic is “How and Why You should Read the Inspection Report”, Ron Rivard and Mary Ellen Graham of Eagle Home Inspections will be helping us to understand the importance of going over this crucial information with clients. Lunch will be provided, arrive at 11:30 to eat and mingle!
- Thursday, November 15th @ NOON, Topic “Think Big” Neil Bacchus will be speaking about his evolution of growth in Real Estate, and how his mindset helps to shape his business development (Note: meeting this month is NOT on the Third Friday)
- December 21st @ NOON, Topic is “Business Planning for 2019” presented by Kelly McGuinness of PrimeLending. Kelly is a certified Sales coach with Gallup and Tony Robbins. She is a successful national speaker, and shares her principles of goal setting, sales planning, and action steps to help others achieve their potential.
2018 NHMR YPN Social Events:
- January 24th at Donovan’s Reef, Branford, 6-9 pm
- February 27th at Chicago Sam’s, Cromwell ~ Joint YPN Event with GHAR, 5-9 pm
- April 25th at Donovan’s Reef, Branford, 6-9 pm ~ “Following Up/Accountability”
- May 23rd at Thimble Island Brewery, Branford, 6-8 pm ~ “Managing Client’s Expectations”
- June 27th at Brother Jimmy’s BBQ, 5:30-8 pm. Come Ride the Elm City Party Bike!
- September 26th at Thimble Island Brewery, Branford, 6-8 pm ~ “Fall/Winter Market ~ Are You Prepared?”
- October – No Social this month, please plan on participating in the Blood Drive as a volunteer or donor
- November 29th at Quandary, Wallingford. Escape Room Event
2018 YPN Outreach Events
- 3/2 North Branford Career Fair
- 3/23 Dodge Ball Tournament to benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, Goooal Sports in Stratford, 6-9 pm
- 4/29 CT Food Bank Walk Against Hunger, Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven
- 8/5 Walnut Beach Ice Cream Run Hydration Station to benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, 7 am – Noon
- 8/11 Woofstock on the Branford Green to benefit the Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter
- 10/30 YPN Blood Drive @ NHMR, 2-7 pm. Go to the Red Cross Website, search NHMR under “Find a Blood Drive” and choose your time slot, after reviewing the eligibility criteria.
- Donate to the Be Homeful Paddington Bear Campaign to help families avoid homelessness, while also providing a Paddington bear, blanket, or book to a child in a shelter this holiday season.
The NHMR YPN Would like to Thank our Corporate Sponsors!
Contacts: Ron Rivard & Mary Ellen Graham
Contacts: Christine Watson and Eric Hill
The Law Office of Kishore I. Kapoor
YPN Sponsor 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
Pillar to Post Home Inspectors ~ Eves/DiMauro Team
YPN Sponsor 2019
NHMR YPN Goal Setting Sheet.
The NHMR YPN Committee Meetings are held at the NHMR North Haven main office. Bring a friend or two, Realtors and members of industries related to the real estate profession are welcome to join!
Boulder, Colorado YPN Adopts 5 Year Strategic Plan: Click here to view the plan
PHOTO GALLERY – click here for pictures of YPN Events & Activities
Below is a feed from our NHMR YPN Facebook Page: