CONTINUING EDUCATION (CE)
*WEATHER ALERT NOTICE: In the event of inclement weather, please watch your local news station for delay/cancellation information for the North Haven school systems. If the school system is having a delay, NHMR will cancel the morning class. If school is canceled for the day, both CE classes will be canceled.
Every two years CT Real Estate brokers and agents must complete twelve (12) hours of continuing education to renew their CT real estate licenses. The 12 hours includes mandatory and elective course requirements.
Continuing Education cycle deadlines occur in the years ending in EVEN numbers:
- Real Estate Brokers must complete their CE requirements by March 31.
- Real Estate Agents must complete their CE requirements by May 31.
Each Continuing Education Cycle includes at least one mandatory 3-hour course and nine hours of elective education. For more information on Real Estate Continuing Education requirements click here, for more information please visit the Department of Consumer Protection website: www.ct.gov/dcp.
Code of Ethics: REALTORS® are required to complete Ethics training of not less than 2 hours, 30 minutes of instructional time within two-year cycles. The training must meet specific learning objectives and criteria established by the National Association of REALTORS®.
The current two-year NAR Mandated Code of Ethics cycle began on January 1, 2019 & will end December 31, 2020.
Training may be completed through local REALTOR® associations or through another method, such as home study, correspondence, classroom courses, or online courses.
- Connecticut Real Estate Agency Law and Fair Housing Part 1 – 3 hours
- Connecticut Real Estate Agency Law and Fair Housing Part 2 – 3 hours
- Elective Courses: 6 hours (NAR Mandates that ALL members take Code of Ethics training every two years)
- Total Course Hours: 12
CONTINUING EDUCATION COMPLETION OPTIONS:
- CLASSROOM CE COURSES: Please click the registration form link above to view/print our current list of CE courses and to register.
- ON-LINE CE COURSES: Select one of the house-shaped icons on the RIGHT side of this page to access our online campus. One icon is specifically FOR REALTORS ONLY and the other is FOR APPRAISERS ONLY.
- PASS THE 40-QUESTION CONNECTICUT CONTINUING EDUCATION EXAMINATION: You can schedule an exam date directly with the testing company. To schedule a test date call: 1-800-733-9267 or go to www.psiexams.com.
Brokers – If you passed your original Broker licensing examination between 4/1/2018 and 3/31/2020, you do not need to take the continuing education courses for the first renewal of 2020. (The date used is not the issuance date of your first license, it is the exam date.)
Agents – If you pass your original licensing examination between 6/1/2018 and 5/31/2020, you do not need to take the continuing education courses for the first renewal of 2020. (The date used is not the issuance date of your first license, it is the exam date.) Your Score Reports will reflect the examination passing date.
DO NOT SUBMIT Continuing Education Certificates with your annual license renewal form unless requested. Please retain original certificates for 4 years in the event you are selected for an audit by the CT DCP.
How to Retrieve CE Class Certificates
Go to www.nhmrealtors.com and Click on “Member Portal”
Log in to the Member Portal (* Use your NRDS number as your username
(If you don’t know your NRDS click on the bottom to the right that says “Get Started”)
* Use your Last Name (all lower case) as your password
Once you are logged in to our Member Portal
- Go to the “Events” tab at the top of the page
- Click on “My Classes”
You will see a list of the classes you’ve taken. Click on “certificate” for the certificates you want to print.
*The New Haven Middlesex Real Estate School uploads your Continuing Education completion reports to PSI on behalf of the CT Real Estate Commission.