2018 NHMR YPN Chairpersons:
Tom Vanacore of Century 21 AllPoints
Lisa Smith of Keller Williams Realty
The NHMR Young Professionals Network helps young real estate professionals excel in their careers by giving them the tools and encouragement to become involved in four core areas:
- REALTOR® Associations. Attend REALTOR® Conferences and pursue leadership roles with their local, state, and national associations.
- Real Estate Industry. Take an active role in policy discussions and advocacy issues; be informed about the latest industry news and trends.
- Peers. Network and learn from one another by attending events, participating in online communication, and seeking out mentoring opportunities.
- Community. Become Exceptional members of their community by demonstrating a high level of REALTOR® professionalism and volunteering for causes they feel passionate about.
The Young Professionals Network is a dynamic entry point for real estate professionals striving to become more successful in their careers and gain leadership experience. By providing this entry point, NAR is building a new, diverse generation of leaders, strengthening members’ affinity for the REALTOR® brand early in their career, and gaining a valuable perspective on generational shifts. YPN’s growth has been driven by REALTORS®. YPN has evolved from a magazine offshoot to a determined, passionate, savvy group of members who use social media effectively and transparently and who are committed to strengthening the REALTOR® brand.
2018 NHMR YPN Scheduled Meeting Dates:
Meetings are regularly held the NHMR North Haven office.
- January 19th @ NOON, Welcoming New Co-Chairs Lisa Smith & Tom Vanacore
- February 16th @ NOON, Topic is HUD Bids & Contracts led by Michelle Mateo
- March 16th @ NOON, Speaker is “Cadillac” John Seville, Topic: How to Live a Fulfilling Life
- April 20th @ NOON, Speaker Attorney Matthew Mancini of MPF Attorneys at Law ~ Wire Fraud
- May 18th @ NOON, Topic is “The Week of Closing”, Attorney Kishore I. Kapoor and Realtor Tom Vanacore
- June 15th @ NOON, Topic is “How to Use 203K Renovation Loans Creatively in Today’s Market”. Charlie Napolitano, 203K Renovation Loan Specialist, will share his great insight on how to help buyers use 203K loans when purchasing a property. Arrive at 11:30 for lunch, sponsored by Finance of America Mortgage.
- July 20th @ NOON, Guest Speaker is Shawn Roby, Solar Expert ~ “What agents need to know in order to assist clients that are buying or selling a property that utilizes solar panels”.
- August 17th @ NOON, Guest Speaker: Justin Schunk of Liberty Mutual, discussing their partnership with NAR.
- September 21st @ NOON, Topic is “Your SmartMLS Toolkit” presented by Lauren Egan. Arrive at 11:30 to have lunch, provided by Andy Stephens of Guilford Savings Bank.
- October 19th @ NOON, Topic is “How and Why You should Read the Inspection Report”, Ron Rivard and Mary Ellen Graham of Eagle Home Inspections will be helping us to understand the importance of going over this crucial information with clients. Lunch will be provided, arrive at 11:30 to eat and mingle!
- November 16th @ NOON, Topic TBA
- December 21st @ NOON, Topic TBA
2018 NHMR YPN Social Events:
- January 24th at Donovan’s Reef, Branford, 6-9 pm
- February 27th at Chicago Sam’s, Cromwell ~ Joint YPN Event with GHAR, 5-9 pm
- April 25th at Donovan’s Reef, Branford, 6-9 pm ~ “Following Up/Accountability”
- May 23rd at Thimble Island Brewery, Branford, 6-8 pm ~ “Managing Client’s Expectations”
- June 27th at Brother Jimmy’s BBQ, 5:30-8 pm. Come Ride the Elm City Party Bike! Registration required.
- September 26th at Thimble Island Brewery, Branford, 6-8 pm ~ “Fall/Winter Market ~ Are You Prepared?”
2018 YPN Outreach Events
- 3/2 North Branford Career Fair
- 3/23 Dodge Ball Tournament to benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, Goooal Sports in Stratford, 6-9 pm
- 4/29 CT Food Bank Walk Against Hunger, Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven
- 8/5 Walnut Beach Ice Cream Run Hydration Station to benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, 7 am – Noon
- 8/11 Woofstock on the Branford Green to benefit the Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter
- 10/30 YPN Blood Drive @ NHMR, 2-7 pm. Go to the Red Cross Website, search NHMR under “Find a Blood Drive” and choose your time slot, after reviewing the eligibility criteria.
The NHMR YPN Would like to Thank our Corporate Sponsors!
Contacts: Ron Rivard & Mary Ellen Graham
The Law Office of Kishore I. Kapoor
YPN Platinum Sponsor 2016, 2017, & 2018
NHMR YPN Goal Setting Sheet.
The NHMR YPN Committee Meetings are held at the NHMR North Haven main office. Bring a friend or two, Realtors and members of industries related to the real estate profession are welcome to join!
Boulder, Colorado YPN Adopts 5 Year Strategic Plan: Click here to view the plan
PHOTO GALLERY – click here for pictures of YPN Events & Activities
Below is a feed from our NHMR YPN Facebook Page: